Pages

Followers

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Who Wants Endless Winter?



I’m so tired of the cold, 
of struggling to warm myself 
in the rare beam of light 
That shines in my world.

I long for
A tropical sun
To chase the eternal chill
From my tired bones, 
A chance for new growth,
A new beginning.



Note: The prompt over at Imaginary Gardens with Real Toads was to write a poem in response to a poem by another contributor.  I chose a poem from Rallentanda, Who Wants Endless Summer?  Be sure to check her poem out too!

5 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

This is exactly how I feel! Wonderful write!

Herotomost said...

Mmmmmmm....tropical sun, just got back form Mexico and I am so on board with this poem. Thanks for putting right back at the beach een if only for a moment.

Kay L. Davies said...

Beautifully put, Mary, an excellent response to Rallentanda's plea for cold.
The two poems remind me why my favorite seasons are spring and autumn.
K

Rallentanda said...

Ha..there's summer at the seaside and summer in the outback.Tropical paradise summer I like althougn down under we have a lot of it and sometimes one needs a contrast (maybe not for too long:) Thanks for using my poem Mary.

Mary said...

This poem expresses the thoughts of many, I think. As for me, I am thankful we have really had a mild winter. THIS winter has gone faster than most.