Followers

Monday, February 20, 2012

Seeking Power




If I had the power,
I would stop all the clocks
and save this night forever,
the two of us lost
in a cosmic whirlwind,
insulated
from the cynical eyes
of the world.

If I had the power,
I would cleanse
The anguish
From your soul,
Erase your memories
Of the careless ones
Who neglected
Your tender heart.

If I had the power,
I would capture
The glowing embers
Of your dreams
In a jar,
Keep them safe
Until you were ready
To pull them out
one by one
And follow them
To your destiny.

If I had the power…
But I don’t.
The only power
I possess
Is the power to love you.

6 comments:

S.E. Ingraham said...

Hmm - "if I had the power" - nice take on this prompt ... how true, that's about all the power we do have, isn't it?

Mama Zen said...

This is really beautiful!

keiths ramblings said...

Love is all you need! A delightful piece yet again.

SweetTalkingGuy said...

Yeah, the power of love, this stopped me in my tracks!

Nicely put!

Laurie Kolp said...

Powerful (lol)... I love that ending.

J Cosmo Newbery said...

Probably enough power for anyone. Nice twist.