Pages

Followers

Monday, February 20, 2012

Seeking Power




If I had the power,
I would stop all the clocks
and save this night forever,
the two of us lost
in a cosmic whirlwind,
insulated
from the cynical eyes
of the world.

If I had the power,
I would cleanse
The anguish
From your soul,
Erase your memories
Of the careless ones
Who neglected
Your tender heart.

If I had the power,
I would capture
The glowing embers
Of your dreams
In a jar,
Keep them safe
Until you were ready
To pull them out
one by one
And follow them
To your destiny.

If I had the power…
But I don’t.
The only power
I possess
Is the power to love you.

5 comments:

S.E.Ingraham said...

Hmm - "if I had the power" - nice take on this prompt ... how true, that's about all the power we do have, isn't it?

keiths ramblings said...

Love is all you need! A delightful piece yet again.

Andy Sewina said...

Yeah, the power of love, this stopped me in my tracks!

Nicely put!

Laurie Kolp said...

Powerful (lol)... I love that ending.

J Cosmo Newbery said...

Probably enough power for anyone. Nice twist.