Pages

Followers

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

On my Vices




You ask about bad habits,
I’d say I have a few,
Although the ones around me
Would likely say a slew.

It seems that I’m a train wreck
And gone horribly awry.
When pressed to make improvements,
This is my reply:

“My life is meant for living.
I don’t want to just exist.
I won’t waste my time on small stuff
‘Cause there’s too much to be missed.

So I’ll drink my Irish coffee
And I’ll smoke my cigarettes.
Life’s too long for obsessing
And too short for regrets.”

6 comments:

Mary said...

Hear ye, hear ye!! Right you are.

Rachel Hoyt said...

AAAAAAAMEN!! :) Loved this poem! Brilliant. :)

Other Mary said...

Ho ho - I say AMEN too! And cheers!

booguloo said...

You have 3 positives and 1 negative. When you feel like you're drowning no where near water, it maybe too late.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Not only bad but rebellious too. My kinda gal!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

love this, honesty is important in many ways.

best wishes.