Pages

Followers

Friday, December 16, 2011

The Magic of Mom

I.
A mother’s magic
Can transform skinned knees and tears
With only a kiss.

II.
Kitchen sorceress
Conjuring tempting meals from
Her meager pantry.

III.
Dishes washed.  Laundry
Folded.  Mysteriously
The house cleaned itself!

IV.
Tooth Fairy, Santa,
The magic of childhood made
Possible by Mom.

V.
A magic potion
Able to cure any ills:
Mother’s chicken soup.

VI.
Her mystic wisdom
Proves the old adage is true:
Mother does know best.

VII.
Immortality:
The one magical power
Mothers just don’t have.

3 comments:

jennifaye said...

I'm thinking of my mom as I read this. Lovely poem. :)

Mary said...

I think no matter what age we are we always miss our moms. It surprised me once when my mother told me SHE missed her mom. Now I miss MINE. They can work many 'miracles' but one they cannot work. Oh that they could! Very fine writing here. Tweaked my memories too.

Unknown said...

What a delightful collection of haiku - so true. I especially like the last one. Great write!