Pages

Followers

Friday, December 16, 2011

Bottled Message



This is my last whiskey bottle,
Emptied to carry my last message to you.
I remain trapped in a sea of corn and soybeans
On a small island that grows smaller
With each passing day.
The natives are friendly
But persistent in tracking my activities,
Much harder to tolerate
Given the lack of whiskey.
Still waiting for that rescue you promised.
I miss you.

P.S. If you can’t send a rescue plane,
       Or if you expect another message,
       Please send another bottle of whiskey.

11 comments:

Mary said...

Ha ha! This gave me a chuckle this morning.

Mary B. Mansfield said...

Yeah, most of what I write is soo dark, I felt the need to lighten things up a bit.

Mary said...

LOL, I had commented on this back in December; and it is JUST as funny now. Cheers!

Marian said...

i don't know, it might be cute, but i read it pretty darkly. love it.

Abin Chakraborty said...

the last stanza has that intriguing taste of grim humour that I really loved.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love the dark humor here - survivors are masters at it!

Unknown said...

Great sense of humor in here. Really enjoyed. Thanks

Brian Miller said...

ha this one was a lot of fun..and if i could ever get off my own island here in religeous wasteland i would send a plane...smiles.

Margaret said...

ha ha ... send another bottle of whiskey...

Ella said...

I loved this! So fun to read~

Elizena said...

Funny and I'm still giggling. Yeah, send the rescue bottle of whiskey. I loved that! Blessings.

http://kickinitwiththekids.wordpress.com/2012/01/30/garden-of-laughs/