Pages

Followers

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Cruelest Game

Come to me, my darling,
Wrap your arms around me tight.
Pretend that you’re in love with me
If only for tonight.

I’m standing at the crossroads
And from both ways I see pain.
I don’t know how to walk away
And find real love again.

I know there is no future
In my world of make-believe.
With you I’m always honest,
But myself, I just deceive.

When the passion fades away
And emptiness begins,
I plot my next move in our game
And know I’ll never win.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Very strong poem, Mary! Hard to be at the crossroads and see nothing positive in either direction. Hope this will change.

Mary B. Mansfield said...

It's based on a past situation, at least I got a poem out of it lol.

Mary said...

Getting a poem out of it is a biggie!!