Pages

Followers

Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Christmas Rush

Wrap the presents. Trim the tree.
Run to the store for batteries.
Time to hang the stockings up.
Pour fresh eggnog in my cup.
Bake the cookies, it’s getting late.
Try to save one for Santa’s plate.
Out of coffee, need some more,
Go back to that blasted store
To pick up everything I missed.
Now where did I put that stupid list?
Check the broken Christmas lights.
Wish I could have a Silent Night.
Learned my lesson, next year I’ll begin it
Before the absolute very last minute.

2 comments:

Scarlet said...

I can so relate to the rush..ha.ha...

Have a good holiday to you and your family ~

Laurie Kolp said...

Ha... I always get into a last minute rush no matter how well prepared I think I am.

Blessings to you and yours for a wonderful Christmas.