Pages

Followers

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Guest Post - Adventures in Reading

My daughter Emmy
 This poem was written by my 11 year old daughter Emmy today...not for any homework assignment but just for fun.  She has graciously agreed to let me share it with everyone here.

Love of Books by Jiri Hodan

I can sail the seas with James
All on a giant peach.
I can ride the train with Harry
To find the magic within my reach.

I can solve a mystery with Sherlock
Or maybe Nancy Drew.
I can eat green eggs and ham with Sam,
Help Horton hear a who.

I can go coon hunting
With Old Dan and Little Ann.
I can go through the looking glass with Alice
Into a wonderland.

I can go to Oz with Dorothy
And get the Wicked Witch’s broom.
All of these adventures in reading
Done from the comfort of my room.

5 comments:

Mary said...

Very nice, Emmy! Keep writing.

Mary, you must be ecstatic to have another poet in your family.

Mary B. Mansfield said...

I am quite excited about her interest in writing! She normally writes more fiction, but poetry is starting to grow on her these days!

Unknown said...

Very good! I enjoyed it very much, thought it was cute!

Annis Cassells said...

I loved this poem. Congratulations to Emmy.

For many years, I taught English/Language Arts in middle schools. Emmy's poem speaks to my heart.

S.E.Ingraham said...

Emmy - your poem is as magical as the subject matter - and finely penned - congratulations on your first poetry contest win...I am sure it's only the first of many. You are a very talented poet.