Pages

Followers

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Search Engine Synergy


An unsigned piece of soul
Carelessly discarded and burning through the ether
Lands on my computer screen via a random search algorithm.
Your cadence,
Your phrasing,
Your self-deprecation tinged with arrogance,
Still as familiar as the curve of your jaw
Or your breath on my neck.
Once we laughed and loved and chased our muse.
I see you too still answer her call.
Smiling down on our parallel lives,
The muse adds yet another cosmic coincidence
To the long-ago story of us.

7 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Wow, this is a poignant poem of remembrance. Love the "cosmic coincidence" .

Mary said...

Before I read Sherry's comment, my reaction was also: WOW. I guess I will just say it...Wow, this is one powerful write!

Laura Maria said...

Awesome piece! Some very powerful emotions here that remind me of some of my own. This was really great. It had me from the title :D

Kerry O'Connor said...

A sad tale of lovers who meet again as strangers.

Kerry O'Connor said...

PS. Please feel free to join our Open Link Monday on the 'imaginary garden with real toads'.

http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

amazing story telling, well done.

WyomingDiva said...

Lovely, nostalgic - it's fun, at times, to wade in the pool and past relationships.